Ahoy... it's Friday

Today was friday (just in case you were wondering). It was a pretty good day. Started off with going to CruiseShipCenters ( www.cruiseshipcenters.com/stefani ) until about 1:30. No leads, but that is ok, I had a nice time there anyway. I don't always go for sales leads anyway... just show my face to show that I am part of a team. I enjoy that job but it doesn't really pay much. Most of my clients are as thrifty as I am and don't want to pay a lot for a vacation. I'm ok with that, but I could handle a few world cruise clients... I would like that LOL. When I got outside to leave, I noticed it was very nice and sunny out, so I put the top down on the convertible and cranked up the music (Newsboys). I decided to stop at BCAA and pick up a few maps for our trip next week to Las vegas and then off to the tanning studio. I spent 19 minutes making sure I stay my nice glowing brown. We started tanning over a year ago and just kept going because it's nice to stay tanned all year round.

I picked up Doug from work around 3 and we went home and proceeded to enjoy the nice patio that we have. It was sunny out, so we figured we would enjoy the great outdoors. Doug did a bit of weeding and then we relaxed. I hadn't figured out what we were doing for dinner at this point, but we finally decided on Spagetti Factory and then a movie after. We went to see Iron Man 2 and really enjoyed it. I love action movies the best and we usually only go to the theatre to see an action movie. We have occasionally gone for a comedy but that was mostly because we needed to get out and we need to laugh... so lets talk about laughing and happiness....

I love to look at the bright side of things... that is how I have always been. I try to find the good in the bad and always have good outlook on life. I am a Pollyanna personality, and if you don't know what that means, go rent an old Disney movie called Pollyanna and see what I mean. I have been told that it makes me seem less "real" and that I don't show my true emotions, but that isn't true. My true emotions are always there, but I try to not let it run my life. I may be sad, but why should the whole world know that I am sad. The important people know my true inner thoughts, but I don't need to let everyone know. Being a positive person doesn't mean you hide your feelings, it just means you don't always let those feelings control who you are.

I want happiness and laughter in my life... and I know God wants that for me too. He doesn't want his children to be sad and gloomy and so I believe he puts things in our paths to lighten our load and to make our life filled with joy. I think we are allowed to enjoy our life and do things to bring us that joy... go on vacations, go to movies that make us laugh, spend time with people who bring us the same kind of happiness. Life is so full of crap that who needs to spend more time in crap... which is why we look for friendships that encourage and uplift us and not ones that bring us down and make us cry when we get home (yes we have had those). It's why I don't apologize for spending our money on vacations and small get aways. Why can't we do things for ourselves that make us happy and bring us joy. Sometimes the Christian world thinks we have to do everything for everyone else, and not do anything for ourselves... bah humbug on that LOL.

It has taken us a bit to be happy again... after being sent home from Mexico we were down in the dumps for quite some time and even now we still get sad about it all, but what can you do... nothing... so lets look on the bright side, enjoy what we have, go on a vacation (my cure for anything) and drive with the top down on our Mustang.

Tomorrow is another day... hopefully it will be nice and we can drive topless (HEE HEE HEE)... things are looking brighter everyday and I want to enjoy all that the day has to offer. One of these posts I will let you know about our darker days in our life... yes, we have had those... after 22 (just about) years of marriage, it hasn't been all sunshine and roses LOL
1 Response
  1. duggy Says:

    What? Not all sunshine and roses? Man, I've been fooled all this time!

    Love ya hun, and I will do almost anything to make you laugh :)