Las Vegas

We just got back from 3 nights in Las Vegas. We stayed at Bally's right on the strip. We got to see Le Reve and Mystere, both being Cirque shows. We had a great time relaxing and seeing stuff. We got to sit at the pool a few times and did some swimming and sun tanning. On our last day we went to Valley of Fire and drove around and put about 175 miles onto our rental car in 6 hours (not to shabby). We love exploring and seeing things.

I think this might be the last time to Vegas though... it had way to many young, drunk, half naked people there this time. Sure it was a long weekend, so maybe that was the problem, but boy was it crazy. I have never seen so many people drink so much in one weekend. You can't tell me the recession is still around. Booze isn't cheap in Vegas either. We each drank a Margarita ($4.50 each discounted) and that was it. We drank a lot of water though. I enjoyed my 40th birthday there though. I don't regret going. I love all the lights and stuff to do.

My feet sure hurt from all the walking. I think we probably lost weight instead of gaining weight. We had coupons for just about every meal we ate and once I tally up the numbers, I think we will have done pretty good in the spending department. When we crossed the border the border guard asked how much the value of goods we were bringing across... I told him $15 for the bottle of rum we bought at the duty free. I think he thought that was funny.

Now back to reality of working and paying off some bills. We need to get those credit cards payed off so we can use it again for our September vacation. We have gotten a little behind because of me loosing the caretaking job. Oh well... guess it's time to be a little more frugal with our money. I missed my car while we were away though and was very happy to be driving in it today. Sure hope the sun comes out so we can actually drive with the top (convertible) down a bit.

Sunday we are going to my parents to have a small birthday party for me since I was gone on my actual birthday. Can't wait to celebrate again... you can never celebrate too much.

Not much going on with us right now. I still have to post why we love California so much, but that needs to be done in the quiet of home with some music going. Right now I am at work and don't have the ability to concentrate on it.

Glad I didn't offend anyone about my views of Christianity... and even if I did... I really don't care HA HA HA.

Will post again soon.
0 Responses