Various thoughts in my head

It was a good week last week.  The weekend went pretty good too.   It wasn’t too hard to get back to work after Vegas.  My one bookkeeping job has slowed down a bit, but I can just make up the hours with the other job.  I have been doing ok as a Travel Agent too, so I can’t complain… too much.  I would like a few more hours, so we will see what I find to do for some extra money.  I have some credit cards to pay off and a few future cruises to pay for.

Our weekend was nice.  We went to my parents on Saturday and stayed the night.  We had a party to go to nearby for some friends of Doug.  I was having my 40th birthday party at my parents on Sunday, so it all worked out fairly nicely.  My mom made a really good cheese cake for the party.  We brought a bunch of salads and my dad barbequed a bunch of tube steaks (weiners).  It was a nice party with some family members.  My grandpa (opa) came too.  His wife is in the hospital, so he has been getting a little lonely.  He is 98 years old… not too bad if you ask me.   I got some cool gifts for my birthday.  Most of them I knew about, but that is how we do things in our family… it helps so that we get gifts we like.  If you are on my facebook page, you can see the pictures of the gifts I got. 

Our life does not consist of too many friends these days.  It hasn’t for a long time actually… mostly due to the choices we have made.   We are fairly picky on how we like to be treated as friends.  Maybe too picky, but it is the boundaries we have made.  Let me tell you a phrase a former friend of ours said… “I can not agree to disagree”.  How does one move on with that kind of a friendship?  How can friends not agree to disagree?  That statement was the final nail in the death of our friendship (which still makes me sad).   One thing people will realize from this blog is that we think differently.  I know that the way I think will not always be the way others will think, but I am ok with.  How one believes makes no difference to me and I would like the same respect back from our friends.  I will gladly talk of my beliefs, but please do not argue with me about them.   I have a cousin who loves to discuss his beliefs, and we will chat on MSN for hours discussing them because he doesn’t try to change how I think, and I don’t try to change how he thinks.   It comes to respect… he respects my beliefs and I respect his. 

I also find as we get older, our friends that we used to have, get busier with various things and so we tend to be the last thing on their minds.   I get tired of being the one who always calls people to get together, so we land up just giving up eventually, and weirdly enough… the phone never rings.   I guess it was bound to happen though… we don’t have kids, so we tend to have more time on our hands than most other people.  We also don’t go to church (right now) and so we aren’t involved in every little church thing either.  

It does get lonely though, but I think it is how our life will be for the most part.  I would like to think that if we move away someday, it might get better, but I somehow doubt it.   It is why we surround ourselves with things we like… beach condo, great car and travelling… because we need something to do.  Our evenings usually are spent watching tv, playing on the computer, going for a walk on the beach and maybe going to the coffee place for some coffee and people watching.   I do go through my head sometimes to try to figure out where we can change, but it usually doesn’t go anywhere since I don’t see why we have to change our personality so that we get along better with people.  Why can’t people love us the way we are?   We might be a bit quirky, but honestly, are we that off base that nobody really wants to spend time with us?  Sure we have some odd beliefs, but how does that make a difference.  

I don’t have regrets with our past friendships.  I believe that friendships should be uplifting and positive… not depressing and negative.  We have had those kind of people in our lives and eventually we had to change the situation.  It was hard, but it the long run it had a lot less tears.  I know that not everyone will get along and I think a person has to find the right fit for friends… turns out that part is hard to find.    Right now the only people I would bear my soul too (other than Doug) would be my parents and maybe 1 other person, but she doesn’t live close by, so that makes it hard.   It is hard sometimes to see so many people have such close friends in their lives that they can cry on their shoulder, phone when something goes great, etc… I do wonder why we don’t have that with anyone in our age group. 

Don’t get me wrong, I am not blogging this to get sympathy.  It is a blog of my thoughts.   It helps me organize my very jumbled mind of everything in it.  I know that I am loved by God very much.  He created me this way and I am grateful for that.   I love how he has changed my views on life and Christianity.  It is amazing to have my paradigm shift on my beliefs… i love it.  I always felt so out of sync with the Christian world, but I am starting to realize that I am not so out of sync… God has been changing how I see things.  I have a great support in my parents who have seen things very differently all their lives too…

I am 40 now… wiser maybe, but probably not LOL.   I am looking forward to my future… it may be hard at times, but I think I will get to unjumble my head even more as time goes on.  I enjoyed turning 40… had a great time in Vegas and a great party at my parents.   I don’t feel any older, but I guess once the eye sight goes, I might start to feel older HA HA HA.  Happy 40th birthday to me… here is to many many more.  Hopefully I don’t confuse Doug too much with all my wierd Christian views 

0 Responses