A little of this and that…

I am going to take a break from the “friends” blogs and just post about the going on’s in our life. We are off on our vacation in 2 weeks. I think I have posted what we are doing before, so I won’t repeat myself. I am so excited about DisneyWorld… it’s my first time there. I have been to Disneyland a few times, but really looking forward to DisneyWorld (and so is Mickey Mouse). Our cruise will be great. It isn’t a long cruise, only 7 days, but that is ok. We are going to enjoy Florida a lot too.

I have met some amazing people so far online that we will be cruising with. Aislinn and Tim are the couple I think we can most relate too and so we are really looking forward to spending some time with them. If all goes well, maybe a trip to Salt Lake City will be in store. I love telling people about my new Christian Mormon friends… wow, didn’t think I could get that many interesting looks from people LOL. It is amazing how people place others into a box of beliefs… Mormons I guess aren’t allowed to be Christ followers? Who knew… LOL Glad I know differently. I have learned in the last few years that there is no box and that we are all unique in our beliefs, even within the realm of Christianity.

My other online friends that we will be meeting are Gina, Bernie, Julie, Al, Mary, Debra, Jan, Bryan, Aonika… and the list goes on. Can’t wait to meet them all. Gina and Bernie have been very loyal Cruise clients and even Julie has booked something with me. I do really appreciate it and hopefully I do a great job as a Travel Agent for them. Most of the people we have been chatting on Facebook for over a year and it will be great to finally meet them face to face. I hope we will be friends even after the cruise. I want friends all over the US so we have people to visit when we eventually see all the places I want to see in the States.

Well… back to the going ons… well… other than getting prepared for our vacation, not a whole lot else. Our plants on the patio are doing well, we are really enjoying our place and the job as Resident Managers is going well. So most of our time is spent working and relaxing. I have everything all organized for our vacation. The vacation binder is all set up, cash is put aside, CC are usable and I am ready to go away to Florida and then the Caribbean. We are Cruising with my cousins and their 2 kids and that will be a blast. The three of us turned 40 this year, so this is a celebration of sorts.

Doug is currently putting movies and TV shows onto the netbook so we have stuff to watch on our flight. We ordered a bigger battery for it so it will last for the whole flight. We are bringing the lap top along too so I can do some bookkeeping while vacationing and upload our pictures to the laptop. I sure love technology. This way we can also keep in touch with family and friends, and work of course too. It’s been a few years since we vacationed like this without my parents. Usually they join us, but it just didn’t work out this year. Next year we are doing a 15 night Panama Cruise together, so that will be fun.

So I was thinking about doing the next “friends” blog on my parents. They are our best friends, so I think they should be mentioned in my blog. So I will work on that and hopefully have the up before we leave on vacation. Just in case you didn’t know, we are spending a week in Florida and a week in the Caribbean… yup… we will be sunning and relaxing in the sun… well… I guess Disneyworld may not be relaxing to some LOL

2 Responses
  1. Aislinn Says:

    YAY... I can't believe our trip is almost here. We, too, are SO excited to meet ya'll as well. I think that it's going to be awesome - and heck, we might as well go ahead and plan that trip to SLC for ya, because you know you're gonna love me so much more in person! (hehehehehe) Can't wait to meet you - only a few more weeks!


  2. Unknown Says:

    And yay for meeting awesome people online! Some people are so skeptical about it, but when it can be so hard to find people in your physical neighborhood that share your interests, it's so fun to build a network - a community, if you will - of people online. In mid-September, I'm venturing down to Seattle to connect with some interweb friends. We're all Hanson fans. But, if it makes us any more legit and hip, we all love Disney too. :-P