God is way to good….

My friend Shauna posted this on her facebook status and that got me thinking about my next blog post.  The term “way” is what got me thinking. 

God created us and he loves us unconditionally.   If that is the case, then why do we think that God is “way” to good to us?   Our original creation was for communing with God on earth.  Other than the silly sin that makes this life rough, we are still around for that very reason.  We are friends with God and a part of friendship is giving to each other.  Considering that God has special abilities (he can perform miracles, etc), then why wouldn’t he use those abilities for his children?

I am very grateful for how good he is to us, but “way” to good?  Not to sure about that.  I guess there are many people who believe that they aren’t good enough for God, so maybe that is where that thinking comes from.  I guess my belief is that God is “perfectly” good to me.  He loves me no matter what I do and he forgives us when ever we ask, so why wouldn’t he be good to us?   I don’t think it’s about deserving the goodness in our lives, that is not what I am saying, but if God loves us as much as he says he does, why wouldn’t he be good to us.  Would be kinda stupid to say, “i love you” and then pummel us with disasters all the time. 

We were created by God and he loves us so very  much no matter what stupid things we do.  I think that love is what allows him to do good things for us.  Yes, life throws us curve balls at times, but that isn’t God, that is living on this sinful earth.   Obviously this is my opinion, and I am sure people will differ.  This is just the way I think. 

So the above is my thought for the day.  It’s the beginning of the week and every day it gets closer to our holidays in September.   Our weekend went well and we got to see a bunch of Christian bands at a day long concert.  It did rain a lot, so we didn’t stay right until the end, but we still had a lot of fun (it was an outdoor concert).  We got to spend time with my parents who also enjoyed it.  Gotta love parents who still will go to those kind of things even though it is geared for teenagers.  My parents have always been very supportive in that area.  They took us to Petra concerts and White Heart concerts… gotta love them for that.  Not many parents encourage their kids to listen to hard rock like that.  Even though they weren’t a huge fan of it, they still supported us in it.  Yup, I think my parents are a keeper LOL.

The ocean beach living has been GREAT.  I love living here and I hope we can stay here for awhile.  We are currently the resident managers of our condo complex, so that has been interesting too.  Our car has had a few additions too it and so for now, I think the car will be happy with all it’s little upgrades until we get new tires.

It may not be California, but we are living in the next best place (in Canada).  Yup, God is good to us (just a perfect amount LOL)

1 Response
  1. duggy Says:

    When we were first dating, my dad told me that your parents were "way too good" to me, and suggested that you were "way too good" for me. I will always remember that, and I remember thinking how that was not true. We don't get what we deserve, and we get what we don't deserve, but God promises to provide, and that is never "way too good". But Shauna, I agree with the meaning - God is good, yes He is, soooooo good!