Love is the answer

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself

 

A song came across the radio today called “I believe” and it talks about all the things we believe about our God and Jesus.  It got me thinking about how we listen to these words and as a Christian, we know they are truth…but what about those people who don’t know about our God, or have only heard the truth about their God.  What makes our truth worth more than their truth about God.   My answer is the commandment above by Jesus.  Our God is about love and not hate, not crying, not pain, not hurt, not sorrow…all those are the world…and God’s love helps us survive the crap that this world throws us.   

But then you go to church and hear all the untruths that are thrown at us and all we are taught is what we should believe and what we shouldn’t do.  If we truly love God, we don’t need someone to tell us what to do, we will figure it out on our own as we ask God/Jesus to show us the way.  I see so much hate being flung around in this world right now by those who should be flinging love instead.  We preach that our God is a better God than others…but many don’t practice what is being preached.  Love does not include calling others names, no matter their sexual preference or who they choose to love.  Love does not call others filled with Satan because they misbehave in church or don’t sit still.  Love does not tell us that we have to believe in the Trinity just because someone came up with an idea that we all should believe.  Love does not say we have to be afraid of God.   Love does not say that “we are only given what we can handle”…because that just would mean some people can handle more crap than others and if they choose to not handle it anymore, they aren’t worthy of love.  Love does not say how we should dress or how we shouldn’t have tattoo’s. 

If we are to prove that our God is the one to believe, we need to prove that he is worth following and there is no place in that belief for hate…none.   We are all a creation of God and to me that says something.  Jesus is the son of God, and he came down on this earth to walk the walk, and do lots of talking.  He showed us that as a human, we can follow God.  He loved everyone and did everything with love.   Jesus showed us how to love and we need to follow that example.  He beat to his own drum (well…he beat to God’s drum) and he did things differently than the world thought he should do things.  So why can’t we use his example and do things differently.    I want people to see me and know that the God I believe in is worth following.   That he sent his son because he loved us so much. 

Now as I read that commandment, it get’s me thinking…maybe the reason we can’t show love as well as we should is because we don’t love ourselves.  The key to all this that we can’t love others if we don’t love ourselves.  I LOVE being unique.  Sure it has caused a lot of loneliness in my life because other humans on this earth think being unique in the Christian world needs to be fixed, but I use Jesus as an example and he was very unique.   I love who I am because I truly feel that God has made me exactly how he wants me…he whispers the thoughts that I have in my ears…he tells me that being unique is ok and to voice what I believe in.   Love does not judge…only God will do that once we stand at Heaven’s gate and we have no right to be that judge.  I don’t know God’s mind and how he will be with each person and really, who cares.  If there is no sin in Heaven, then what does it matter if everyone goes there.  Maybe the murders of this world will have their soul cleansed as they die and can still enter Heaven…what is so wrong with that?  I don’t know and I really don’t care.  I will let God be the judge and jury for that part of the afterlife.  I want to focus on LOVE and how Jesus is that love for us…he is our example.  I think more people need to worry about their own actions instead of focusing on the actions of others. 

0 Responses