Day 1 to 3 of our Alaskan Cruise

We boarded the ship on Friday, May 23rd in record time.  We got to the port at around 10am and we managed to get through security just before 11 and where on board by 11:30 eating lunch.  We would have been on earlier but for some reason the computer decided to change our booking so that Doug wasn’t on it and I was in the room twice…took a bit to get it fixed and I really don’t think it got fixed…they just gave us our room keys and told us to board…so far we both seem to exists on board LOL.   We did the lifeboat drill at 3:45 and we were sailing by 5, which was a little late, but we didn’t care.  When we went to the dining room, we found out where we will be sitting for the next 7 days…I must have pissed someone off because we are in one of the worst spots in the dining room…granted I think we have the best server we have ever had, so I guess we will live with it.  I am hoping they will put mom and dad in a nicer spot for the cruise going back to Vancouver.  We have already asked for that.

Day 2 was a day at sea and we really enjoyed it.  Was hard to find time for all the relaxing we did HA HA HA!!!  It was our formal night so we all dressed up for dinner.  I posted pictures already on facebook, so I won’t add them to this blog.   We honestly didn’t do a lot except for relax on the pool deck.  I get up at 7am…then Doug wanders down around 7:45 and about then I phone mom and dad and give them a wake up call…then they wander down around 8:30 and we have breakfast together.   This cruise has lots and lots of older people…not a lot of young ones like us, but still fun.   They tend to complain about things more than others, guess you get cranky as you get older LOL.

Today we are in Ketchikan…we started the day with breakfast, then we headed off the ship for an hour or so to walk around.  Then we got back on board for a free wine tasting…fun stuff.  We had lunch and then mom and dad went back out to do some shopping.  I did buy myself a pair of earings, but that will probably be it.  We have a very strict budget for this trip, so we are limiting ourselves from a lot of shopping. 

We are having a great time so far.  Sure it has rained a bit, but we don’t care.  I am currently typing this outside on the back of the ship…if it rains, I have some covering.  Doug and I are still in shorts most of the time.  In the evenings on the outside decks it gets cold and then I think I should put pants on, but so far I am resisting LOL.

It has been so nice to not worry about a place to rent…I am so grateful we can do this cruise without the stress of that worry.  

Here are a few more pictures of the last few days. 

DSCF7412

DSCF7423

DSCF7429

DSCF7435

DSCF7416

0 Responses